Pause Dog Boutique • 10 East Market Street, Red Hook, NY 12571 • 845.758.4330 •
Schedule of Events for Sunday, October 27
The cost to participate in this event is $5 per dog. This fee includes participation in the 11th Annual Dog Costume Parade, Tricks-and-Treats for Dogs throughout Red Hook village, and all event activities. Registration will take place from 11am-12pm in the municipal lot. We strongly encourage you to help us out by pre-registering over the phone at 845-758-4330 or stopping into the shop ahead of time.
Pre-registration is available beginning October 1st and can be done during our regular business hours or over the phone at 845-758-4330.
We believe in the Yellow Dog Project and will always follow these guidelines at Pause Dog Boutique events.
You can find parking throughout the Village. Please leave plenty of time to find parking. We encourage you to walk or carpool to the event – it’s sustainable and easier!
• Dogs do not need to wear a costume to participate – even a simple collar or bandana will suffice.
• All dogs must remain leashed with a handler at all times. Please no retractable leads. We prefer a 6’ lead or shorter.
• Rabies and vaccinations must be current. All puppies must have received their puppy shots.
• No dogs in heat please.
• No aggressive dogs please.
• No more than two dogs per handler please.
• Stay on the designated parade route and pay attention to traffic.
• Costumes must be safe and comfortable for dogs.
• If your dog poops, please stop and pick it up.
• Have fun!
The parade will begin at the Red Hook Municipal Lot and travel through the Village from there. All participants are expected to abide by traffic signals. We are expecting for the parade to last approximately 15 minutes. Costumed kids (and adults!) are invited to join in the fun. Just want to watch the parade? No problem!
Parade Costume Categories & Prizes:
• Best Overall Canine Costume: Prizes Donated by Pause Dog Boutique & Teller Hill
• Best Group Theme (must include a minimum of one dog and one human who parade together - maximum of three dogs allowed): Prize Basket Donated by Rhinebeck Animal Hospital
• Most Creative Costume: $50 Prize Basket Donated by Coast to Coast Dog Treats
Prizes to be determined. Judging will be based on originality and first impression. Costumes that are deemed unsafe will not be considered. Judges TBA.
Costume contest results will be announced in the municipal lot immediately following the parade.
Parading/Costuming Tips for Dogs & Their Humans:
• Keep the costume light and simple.
• Be sure the costume is fitted properly – nothing should be hanging loose to the floor or pinching too tight.
• Dogs must be able to breathe, bark, see, hear and move comfortably in their costume.
• Remove any dangling accessories that can be a choking hazard.
• Avoid masks and awkward props. Give your dog a trial run before the parade so she gets used to her costume.
• Come prepared. Bring along anything you may need to make a quick costume fix. If it’s warm, consider bringing some water to offer a quick drink along the way.
• Bring your camera!
• Share the sidewalk, obey all traffic signals and laws, hold your head up high and strut your stuff!
• Howl’oween Photo (Boo!)th – Be sure to stop to get your dog’s (or your whole family’s) picture taken by Danielle Sidarous Photography in front of our Howl’oween backdrop. All photos will be available for free download on the Pause Dog Boutique Facebook page.
• Flores Food Truck – Grab lunch or a snack from the Flores Food Truck. Seriously, their tacos are incredible. Don't miss out.
• Danielle Sidarous Photography – Don't miss the roving photographer during the parade. Make sure your four-legged family members strut their stuff!
• Leclerc's Martial Arts – Check out an amazing karate demo immediately following the parade while we wait impatiently for the judges to deliberate. It's always a tough decision!
• 50/50 Raffle – Who doesn't love to win cash? Plus you're helping to benefit Perfect Pets Rescue!
Trick-or-treating will go to the dogs in Red Hook village! Take your dog(s) to participating local stores for free treats! You’ll get a full list and a map of all participating merchants at the registration table, plus those participating will have a sign in their window. Be sure to let your dog show off with a trick to get his treats!
All treats will be provided by Pause Dog Boutique, so you can be sure your dog is getting only the best all day long.
Participating merchants include:
• Pause Dog Boutique
• The Board Room
• The Boulevard Vintage & Antiques
• The MMA Collective
• Williams Lumber
• Backwoods Trading
Information & Adoption Fair
Located in the Municipal Lot, you will find (keep checking back for updates!):
• Coast to Coast Dog Treats
• Leclerc's Martial Arts
• Paco & Lucia
• Flores Food Truck
• Perfect Pets Rescue
• Rhinebeck Animal Hospital
Please call 845-758-4330 to pre-register, or stop into the shop during our normal business hours.
SPECIAL THANKS TO...
7 Dog Design, Backwoods Trading, The Board Room, The Boulevard Vintage & Antiques, Coast to Coast Dog Treats, Countryside Animal Hospital, Danielle Sidarous Photography, The Flores Food Truck, Leclerc's Martial Arts, The MMA Collective, Paco & Lucia, Pause Dog Boutique, Perfect Pets Rescue, Rhinebeck Animal Hospital, Teller Hill, Village of Red Hook, Williams Lumber